Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Korean Spector, Fretless Hohner Jazz and Peavey T-60

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by vcat, Oct 19, 2005.

1. vcat

vcat

Jun 2, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Hello everyone,

Update: Spector has been sold.

Other two are still available. I'd like to add, that Hohner plays better than any MIM fender I've had an pportunity to play.

2) Hohner Professional Jazz Bass FL. Probably made in late 80-s early 90-s. It is a fretless jazz copy. It has ebonol fingerboard and a very nice neck, that closely resembles the profile of Geddy Lee sig. It is unlined, but has inlaid dots on the fingergoard, above the G string. Currently strung with Ti-flats, that have a lot of life left. It has very low action, as all fretless instruments do, efortless playability, but also one issue:

The previous owner of this bass must have sanded down the fingerboard to almost flat profile. I personally dig it. However, he or she has not finished sanding above 16-th fret (or where a fret would be). Therefore even after a good setup the notes still choke above 16-th fret. It is an easy fix - just sand it down to your perferred profile, or leave it flat. Below 16-th fret bass plays great.

It sounds good. Initially I thought of upgrading pu's but finally decided not to. I usually solo bridge pu, boost low mids and am able to get as much of growl and mhaw from it as I need. It probably still has stock pu's, although judging by wiring they might have been upgraded or at least messed with. If you are thinking of upgrading pu's, you should know that the body is routed for two neck pu's. At least it seems so. I can provide exact measurements if anyone is interested.

I am asking $225 plus shipping.

3) Peavey T-60 guitar (not a bass) w OHSC. It is a great sounding and playing instrument! The first model Peavey ever produced, and some say it is still the best. It is probably as versatile as a passive guitar can get. Two humbuckers, that could be split to singlecoils. V/V/T/T, setup and a phase switch. It has one issue - the bridge tone pot has gone south, so the bridge tone pot operates as a volume. It is once again a very easy fix. The condition of this guitar is good - some scraches and dings, but nothing major. It is built like a tank. Pics to follow.

I am asking $175 plus shipping.

I love all of these instruments, and normally I would have fixed all of the described issues before trying to sell them. However an emergency with my familly back in Europe dictates otherwise.

I am located in Chaleston, SC. Shipping will not be much, as I will be shipping them from a corporate account.

If you have any questions, ask away. I'll be happy to answer. Sorry, no trades at this time.

Thanks for looking!

Vidas

2. vcat

vcat

Jun 2, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Hohner pics

3. vcat

vcat

Jun 2, 2004
    Charleston, SC
  4. vcat