Korean Spector

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chips, Aug 5, 2004.

1. hello badgers,

The other day in cash converters i spotted a spector bass. bout 6 months old and in mint condition. im looking for a new bass at the moment and am seriously looking at the ibanez srx500, but this was $795 aus.... and has now dropped to $595 aus and i reckon i could get it down even cheaper. can anyone give me any info on these basses and what they're like compared to the czech spectors? im taking my amp in soon to play it bcoz they didnt have one in there for me to plug it into. also what are they like for slap, im really starting to get into slap so a good slap tone is important. all opinions will be hugely appreciated :)

Chips :bassist:
  2. WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    I have a Spector Q4 that is my main bass (at least until the new bass I ordered comes in the little brown truck.) I love it. I can get a ton of different sounds from it and it is an easy player. The fit and finish are very good. I can't comment on "slapablity" since I'm not a slapper.
  3. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I'd grab it up...I have two, I'm looking for a third (4 string) for a back up and for teaching purposes. I'm not sure what the exhange rate is, but check out some of the US outlets online to see what they're going for.

I'd have it checked out though, it not being in a music store...
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    That sounds like a fair price, if you can get it down lower, even better.

I have a Spector Q5. Good bass. No real complaints.