Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Korean Tobiases on Musicyo

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kraig99, May 31, 2003.

1. Hey, I know that there have been many threads on these, but none seem to mention the fretless models or the B strings. I've been looking at the Toby Pro 5 fretless model and was wondering if the board has been treated at all, or how it would hold up in general. Also, I am a little bit concerned about the B string, as it is a cheap bass and only 34 inch scale. Is the B string tight or wobbly? How does the B string compare to that of a Korean Spector? Any other feedback about the bass would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. I've played both, I've played old band practices w/ a musicyo tobias and they aren't bad basses, the low B is a little floppy but that could have been caused by the low action. However, I own a Korean Spector Q6 and have played the 5 string version as well at my local music store. The bass is awesome but the bridge is kinda tricky. The low B on my Q6 is great though so, I would recommend the korean spector if your looking for quality. They both are great basses for their price, the only thing I don't lke about my spector is the shape and feel of it when I play sitting down. Good Luck

3. Howdy! Here's a thread that wanders off topic, but the first post might help:

Toby Pro

Enjoy!