Korean Tobiases on Musicyo

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kraig99, May 31, 2003.

1. Hey, I know that there have been many threads on these, but none seem to mention the fretless models or the B strings. I've been looking at the Toby Pro 5 fretless model and was wondering if the board has been treated at all, or how it would hold up in general. Also, I am a little bit concerned about the B string, as it is a cheap bass and only 34 inch scale. Is the B string tight or wobbly? How does the B string compare to that of a Korean Spector? Any other feedback about the bass would be appreciated. Thanks!
  2. I've played both, I've played old band practices w/ a musicyo tobias and they aren't bad basses, the low B is a little floppy but that could have been caused by the low action. However, I own a Korean Spector Q6 and have played the 5 string version as well at my local music store. The bass is awesome but the bridge is kinda tricky. The low B on my Q6 is great though so, I would recommend the korean spector if your looking for quality. They both are great basses for their price, the only thing I don't lke about my spector is the shape and feel of it when I play sitting down. Good Luck
  3. Howdy! Here's a thread that wanders off topic, but the first post might help:

Toby Pro