Korg Ampworks B or V-Amp bass ?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by superfly, Nov 13, 2004.

1. superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    Anyone tried both? Which one do you prefer?
    I'd like to get one for fun. I'm leaning towards the Korg. Both are $99 .
  2. I have a korg ampworks B and like it alot. Its fun to play with. I won't be to go for gig'n with. But for at home and studio it would do the trick. Never tried the other one though so i can't really make a comparison.
  3. Mark Gollihur

Mark Gollihur Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 19, 2000
    Gloucester County, NJ
    Owner/President, Gollihur Music LLC
    I had a bass v-amp, and my experience with the Korg is limited to trial in a music store.

The V-amp sounded ok, but its user interface - as is the case with almost ALL the Behringer electronic gear - absolutely blows.

The Korg is likely to hold up longer in the long run and appeared to be pretty decent. Hard to really put it through its paces - and have a good reference point - since I was using a different bass and different amp than I'm used to.
  4. PaulF

Nov 17, 2004
    Funny to read this just after my post looking for a replacement to the Ampworks, and asking about Vamp ??

The Korg has some superb sounds, but is a bit too small and fiddly to adjusting a gig situation.

Also I tend to think it's a little noisy, but you can never hear it as a problem in a gig situation (but when I set it up in the studio I always think 'i must try and sort out that noise problem').

No idea about the Vamp - I've has some bad experience with Behringer gear, but also so very good experience so I'm 'unsure'.

I'd be grateful to hear what you decide on, and what you think of it...

5. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    I have the Bass V-amp pro and the one thing I can say is that there are some good tones inside that thing, you just got to find them. It is a fiddlers dream. But if you are the type of guy that just wants to hook up and play then it is not for you. It can get kinda noisy on some of the presets but everything can be adjusted on this thing so you will have to work with it.