Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Korg AX100G For Bass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by LeonD, May 3, 2001.

1. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

I was wondering if anyone tried a Korg AX100G for the bass?

Based on Guitar Player's review and looking at Korg's web page, it looks like a great unit for $200. I'm not interested in complex patches. Simple stuff like chorus, flange, maybe EQ, a little distortion, vol. control, etc.

It seems like a lot of the effects have a mix control. I could have only part of my sound go through the effect and the rest could be natural.

Anyways, it seems like a great unit for the money; has anyone tried one?

LeonD

2. Licketysplit

Licketysplit

Mar 15, 2000
    I think the ZOOM GFX 8 is much better in terms of sound, construction, and overall quality. This unit is amazing, the effects are incredible!!! It is also easier to switch between banks in a live situation. On the Korg you need to step on two switches to bank down, while on the Zoom you need to step on only one. This makes the Zoom more preferable in a live situation.

3. If you're considering a Korg unit, you might as well try Korg's AX1B - it's similiar unit made for bass. See The Effects Database from www.harmony-central.com for a review.

4. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

Licketysplit,

The thing I didn't like about the Korg was that I needed to press two buttons for bypass; I kept changing the patches.

I tried the GFX-8. I liked it and bought one.

I've used it for two weeks now and the only problem I'm having is that I get added hiss. Even if I shut off all the effects, I get the hiss. With my guitar it's not a problem because my guitar amp is kinda noisy to begin with. My bass amp is very quiet however. Especially if I turn my tweeter up where I normally have it.

This is my first multi effects unit so I'm not sure if this is normal or not.

Do you have this problem also?

LeonD