Korg AX10B vs. Boss ME-50B

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by NoNoise, Oct 30, 2005.

1. NoNoise

NoNoise Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    I know you all are tired of seeing these threads, but a search dug up very little about the Korg. Basically, I'm doing a lot of experimental stuff in which I would like to use a lot of synths and effects. So, before I laid my money down, I wanted to ask for any of your advice. Unfortunately, I don't think I can find a place to try out both of these. I've only seen them on the internet. Thanks in advance!
  2. NoNoise

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    I figured I'd bump this to see if anyone has anything to share.
  3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm a bit fan of Korg products so I expected a lot from the 10B.
    I've been disappointed.
    It's hard to get rid of amp models, they're decent but I don't care for them.
    Compressions are noisy. Offer effects are nice put there aren't that many. Way less than in the older AX-1B I still use nowadays. It doesn't even have a real wah.

The Boss is a serious unit. I don't care for the synths and find annoying to choose between either modulations or delays, not bot at the same time.
  4. CetiAlphaVI

May 27, 2005
    Speaking as a previous owner of several Korg multi's (AX1G and AX1500G) when I was primarily a guit&^%st and a current owner of an ME-50b, the Boss is superior in performance and construction.

Since you are looking for synth effects, the Boss isn't the greatest, compared to say a deep impact (previously owned one), but if you choose the synth patch and use the pedal as a wah, things can get interesting. The chorus is a little weak, but there is a choice of chorus/delay, which thickens it to my taste.

I have been pleasantly surprised by the ME-50b. It is the only floor processor I have ever used that rivals quality rack units, IMHO.
  5. NoNoise

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    Thanks guys for the input. It is very helpful. If anyone else has any input, I gladly welcome it :smug:
  6. E-mail me at ben@legg.com for some synth sounds (Windows Media files) of the BOSS ME-50B. I love it and have been using it more and more.