Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Korg AX1B?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Wattoosi, Jan 15, 2002.

1. MF has this thing for $119. Am not using any fx now, but would like to add distortion and a GOOD chorus (good to me ears). I know I won't use some of the zillions of stuff on it, but that's okay. They can cram all kinds of digi stuff in a chip these days. I've read some of the discussion on fx in this forum already. I know there are bad efx out there. The crate bfx-100 amp I got rid of had horrible efx I thought... tried 'em all, never could use one. I don't feel I need an external eq, but some cool efx would be cool, I am thinking...
    Anyone use one of these? Opinions? Thanks!!

2. Used to have one.. was nice.. but the output volume is WAY low.. so i switched to analogue pedals..

3. It sucks! There's no other way to describe that multi-effect it just plain sucks, it's a very bad investment and I don't recommend anyone buy one... I would give one to some I really hate to get even with them. It sucks tone: lows, highs and especially in bypass, control and patch options suck. Don't get one it's not worth it, if it cost one cent it wouldn't be worth it... If you want effects for less money go with single effects.

4. Thanks bf, honest comments, but I hope those Korg guys are not the overly sensitive type cuz they'd be having a bad day right about now if they were tuned in here!

5. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Right now, Music123 has the Zoom 506II for $69. Bass Player mag gave it a 5 for sound, so maybe it's not too bad. I ordered one, but I don't know how long it'll take to get here. I'll post results when I get it. I don't think I'll use most of its effects, but having a tuner handy, and maybe a little light distortion is more or less what I'm looking for. I'm also interested in seeing how good the EQ and compressor sections are, although I do have a rack compressor as well.

6. i say it has much better sounds than anything ive heard from zoom. But it is not true bypass .. mine survived several beer spillings .. (the audience's fault, not mine)

7. Thanks for the posts... I hadn't checked Zoom... looks like their prices have dropped. a friend has a zoom pedal for his elec. guitar. What about the #607 with expression pedal? Thoughts? Comments?

8. it's still plastic.. :(

Multi-fx pedals sound not even 1/10th as good as analogue-pedals like the EBS series..