1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Korg AX3000B Help, Please

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Brother Nothing, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Hey everybody, I need some help. I recently bought a Korg AX3000B and I would really like to get an 8-string type of sound out of it. I heard one clip a guy posted, so I know it can be done, but for the life of me I cannot figure it out. The octave effect seems to only be an octave down, not an octave up. The manual's no help either. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Nothing

2. No one?

3. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I own a korg ax3000b, but I mostly use it for it's distortions and modulations. the octave effect on the pedalboard only does octave downs. try using the pitch shifter effect. it does do octave ups.

4. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    Im not familiar with the ax300b's fuctions, but if it doesn't do an octave up, then you would always use an even mix of suboctave and original dry signal, and play the lines an octave higher than you usually do- ie above the 12th fret.

5. ok, thanks to you both. i've been playing around with the pitch shifter, but haven't found a sound i like. i guess i'll keep trying.
    i never thought of playing an octave higher with the suboctave. that's a good idea, i'll definitely give it a shot.

6. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Anytime, dude. I was going to advise if the pitch-shifter effect didn't work out, you might as well buy an octave pedal that does octave ups. but since fightthepower gave you some helpful advise on achieving higher octave sounds, you might as well give that a shot.