1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Korg AX3000B vs Pandora Stompbox

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by parubio, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Hi folks, first thread, newbie :)

Has anybody used AX3000B and Pandora Stompbox?

I own a Pandora and is great as a small swiss army knife, a multieffects for practicing that you can wear on the bass bag, but that's all.

Though effects are good and sound nice on near-field monitors, they sound muddy through an amp, specially mod ones. And it has a noise inherent to the processor (you can hear it just creating a void preset and turning bypass on/off, though not transparent at all, at least bypass adds no noise).

But the thing is that I like them, I like the easy to use interface and if it weren't for the noise and poor output sound it would be usable live through an amp. So I thought a good quality "Pandora" with footswitches and a volume/expression pedal should be great, that's the AX3000B. It's old, I know.

I think Pandora effects are a subset of what AX3000B has (with much more parameters to tweak), but I'm not absolutely sure, and I don't know if it's also muddy or not and even if there's a noise problem too.

I can get a new AX3000B (yes new) for 119€ but I'm hesitant due to poor quality of pandora's sound.

I have other alternatives, an used B9.1ut for about 100€, a Digitech BP8 for the same price and a GT10B for 260€. I need a MFX easy to use live and with a decent sound, perhaps MS-60B+MS-70CDR to have independent mod/delay/reverb and dynamics/distortions/preamps? or just a B3?

Any comments?

Thanks and cheers!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  2. Driven Crane

Driven Crane

May 30, 2014
    I have had AX3000b. my only complaint is its size. the tone mostly is great (except of overdrives etc.), the versatility is still incredible for its price. ah yeah... the second complaint... the weakness of buttons those switch banks (garbage quality). But... this processor works best when you need to go out of space to another universe.
    - arpeggiator
    - other effects

3. Thanks for the info.

I've just got a B3 and it's awesome, small footprint and instant access to the three effects I don't want to have always on, also I got a MS-60B to have the always on processors (EQ, Preamp, Compressor) and as a replacement for Pandora on my bass bag as a small box effects for classes, rehearsals and gigs where no on/off effects are used.

Recently I made changes to my bass to be passive and realized the effects on Pandora sounded better with an active one, filters/auto wahs are difficult to trigger and distortions are very very subtle at low/mid gain values, giving you a simple tone change than a dist/od, but with hot basses I really liked the distortions, on a Hartke VX3500 4x10 combo sounded great, IMO, but mod effects were muddy