Korg Ax30b Issue(pls read!)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ninevoltbass, May 28, 2003.

1. I'm thinking of buying it of ebay. I just need opinions from other bassists whether i'm going to be happy with it or not. considering that it's a pretty old effects processor, and I can't seem to find any sites that has a patch resource for this model not even a manual.

I'd really appreciate your opinions.
  2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Even I don't have it.
    Which means that it's going to be hard to find.
    Now, this unit is very easy to use.
    You won't have problems.
  3. bummer....

I've read through reviews of different kinds of processor. but i'm really looking into korg ax30b and ax1b.

How bout you jazz, what would you suggest of the two? What are the pros & cons of these processors? I'm really confused man...
  4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

The AX-1B has a lot more effects and functions to it. Expression pedal, metronome, many more effects, along with a newer design.
    The AX-30 B offers more tweaking for each sound. There is only 1 parameter to adjust for each effect on the ax-1 B.

If you're into very classical sounds go for the 30B.
    If you like some craziness and want to cover pretty much any available effect on the market, go for the 1B.
  5. If you decide to go with the AX30B, I can recommend a very good pedal that can control expression and/or volume. It's the Yamaha FC7. They're very affordable if you buy them new, almost always less than fifty bucks. You can bolt several of them together if you have to keep things organized, and they work wonders on this pedal! Before I discovered them, I was using a stereo volume pedal hooked up with a y-splitter connector, and it was just a mess, and it didn't work very well with my pitch bender and several other effects. But the FC7 works great. Hey jazz, if you ever happen to find the pdf file for the 30B, could you let me know? I haven't been able to find it yet, either. Also, is there a way to set the wah-wah on the AX30B so that it sounds like a pedal wah instead of an auto wah???