1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Korg AX5b into a Morley Wah?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by wetzelman1, May 8, 2010.

1. wetzelman1

wetzelman1

Feb 12, 2009
    Ok, I need some help on this one. I came up with the bright idea of sticking my Korg Ax5b into my old morley wah. It would fit perfectly and I can easily attach the expression mechanism to the wah pedal. I need to make the controls accessible and also upgrade the jacks and add a bypass. The Korg has way too much tone suck when bypassed so this way I could just toggle the pedal as needed.

I'm capable around electronics and soldering but I've never really wired anything on a board, I've just replaced a few caps here and there. So I've got a few questions before I destroy 2 useable but unused pedals.

1. Would I be able to use the jacks from the morley as well as the switch and just run those into the board of the Korg?

2. is repositioning the screen and pots as easy as just desoldering it from the board and adding a new piece of wire between the board and the pot?

If anyone out there is willing to assist it would be greatly appreciated. Can get pictures of the board if it would help. Thanks TB.