Korg bass Pandora

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BassGuyNL, Aug 3, 2000.

1. BassGuyNL

Jul 20, 2000
    The Netherlands
    Has anyone tried the new Korg Bass Pandora yet? It's getting great reviews in Bass Player and a German magazine called Gitarre & Bass. It's supposed to be a great practicing tool, but should also supply good effects for recording.

Thanks, Anton V.
  2. lowb

Jul 27, 2000
    London, UK
    I've tried the pandora.I would say it is a good practice tool, with a 16 second phase trainer,I was playing the Jamiroquai track "MR MOON"over and over which was cool. Some of the effects are pretty good,I especially liked the octaver and the chorus, and it has some nice slap sounds. It is reasonably straight forward to use, but deffinately not for use live. Build quality looked good but it's very small, and I could imagine it being dropped or something, it might not survive!!
    I would say it's great for trying and experimenting with different sounds ,at home!!

3. hogani

Jul 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I bought one recently, so that I can practice and not drive my neighbors crazy.

The stereo imaging is nice.

A note on the patches. The octave patch sound is nice (a bit of chorus), although sometimes it just doesn't work.

There are also a few nods to the greats. There is a "JP" patch; I am not certain if it is Jaco or Patitucci. Lots of chorus and a loop delay; must be Patitucci.

The MM match is an obvious nod to Marcus. Cool patch.

The best is AJ70's. If that isn't the coolest. The Anthony Jackson flange sort of patch.

The phrase sampler is o.k.. It was good for working on Teen Town. In addition to repeating the sample, you can slow the sample down.

But, I think the main use of the Pandora is being able to play in your apartment without driving your neighbors crazy.

Take care.