KORG DT-10....BOSS TU-2 tuners

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by slimjazz, Jul 21, 2005.

1. slimjazz

Jul 2, 2005
    I am thinkin to purchase a tuner pedal very soon. I do not have the budget to buy the true bypass strobostomp tuner pedal, but I am debating between the Korg DT-10 and the BOSS TU-2. I am leaning towards the Korg only because I heard it is more transparent of the two.
    Besides being able to power other pedals what can the TU-2 do that the Korg can't? or vice versa. I guess the transparancy of the tuner won't really matter if its not true bypass if I put it in the parallel output of my sansamp. My only real concern is that I don't want the tuner at all to have anything to do with altering or cutting the tone/sound of my bass. whats your take on these pedal tuners?
  2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    they're both great tuners, the boss is a bit more compact if that's important to you.
    as you said, if you have it hanging off a parallel input it doesn't matter whether it's true bypass or not.
  3. Texx

Sep 10, 2004
    i have the Korg and don´t feel like it´s altering the tone at all.
  4. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    I had the same decision to make, and with the specs/features so close I went with the DT-10 solely because I needed felt the Korg was a bit more "solid", the battery usage was very long lasting (50 hours), and that the brushed metal finish matches my Mo' Control pedalboard almost exactly. :p

Did I go for the bling? Yes, but only after I compared the important facts. :smug: The after-purchase report is also a very positive one - I haven't needed to change the battery yet in over two months, it tracks extremely quickly and down to a low "A" with no problem and most likely could go lower, but I haven't had the need to tune lower yet.
  5. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    And there is nothing wrong with that, at all.
  6. I looked at both and went with the Korg. The specs say it's more accurate and I found a better price on the Korg. Works great all the way down to a low B.
  7. Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    I have the Korg. Best tuner I've ever used. It tracks great, and tunes very accurately.

My 2 cents.
  8. PaulF

Nov 17, 2004
    Hi guys

I've been looking at the Korg Tuner as well - it appears to be really well built.

My current tuner (an Arion Stage Tuner - probably about 15 years old!) is OK, but the footswitch makes a fairly loud 'crack' in the audio as it mutes the bass signal (for tuning) - which is not ideal to say the least.

Is the Korg 'silent' when switching to mute for tuning?

9. Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Hell Yeah. Even when there is no sound happening at all in your bedroom, you can barely hear the click when you press the footswitch like on many other pedals. Its the most silent Unit ever.
  10. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Tuner threads --> Misc.