KORG DT-10 issue

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mooooooo, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Mooooooo

Feb 1, 2006
    I've browsed through the pedalboard pictures thread and found that many of you use Korg DT-10 tuner. When I played the guitar it was fine for me. Now that I play the bass the tuner just doesn't seem to be responsive and accurate enough as with a guitar. I'm thinking of swapping it for TU-2.
    Anyone noticed similar problems?
  2. bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    I have had both a TU-2 and a DT-10. The Boss is GROSSLY over-rated, IMO. As far as accuracy is concerned, the Korg is three times as accurate. Both are built extremely well and should last for years, but I feel like the Korg is superior in every other way. Perhaps you got one that is faulty. I haven't had a lick of trouble with mine. A lot of people also swear by the TU-2, but ultimately, you are the one that has to be comfortable with your tuner. Good luck in getting things figured out.
  3. Mooooooo

Feb 1, 2006
    Thanks! It seems like it was a battery problem. I always used a power supply before I switched to bass but then I started using batteries. Yesterday I found out that with a power supply the tuner works fine on bass too. :)
  4. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    I prefer the Korg to the Boss. Both are good. The Korg takes up more room on my pedalboard. The LED's and the readout seems brighter and is larger on the Korg than on the Boss. Makes for easy reading on a bright sunlit day during outdoor gigs. If anything, I find the Korg too sensitive making it a challenge to be exact.