1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

korg dtr 1000 or 2000

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kevinjack, Apr 7, 2009.

1. kevinjack

kevinjack

Oct 3, 2008
    nashville tn
    hello and good day i am look for a good rack tuner and am look at the korg dtr 1000 or 2000 but i dont know what the difference is in them so if someone could shed some light for me that would be awesome.

thanks

2. I have the 2000. While I am not sure the exact differences are I do know it is basically features. In truth if I had done a bit of research before buying I am pretty sure the 1000 would have been fine. I don't even use most of the features on the 2000. I tune my bass E-A-D-G and that's it. Do a Google search and compare the 2 but I am willing to bet the 1000 will work for you plus save yourself $100+.

3. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    San Francisco, CA, USA
    I've compared them in the past. IMHO, the DTR-2000 really isn't worth the extra money unless you really, really need its additional features:

- "Hertz" mode, in addition to the standard "Cent" and "Strobe" modes already found on the DTR-1000
    - Microphone for acoustic tuning
    - Built-in rack lights to illuminate any rack gear below it
    - Additional tuning modes (convenient for those who don't know the names of musical notes yet :p)
    - Can output a reference pitch for tuning audibly
    - Extra inputs

The DTR-1000 may be fairly basic in comparison, but when it comes to tuners, you rarely need more than the basics. I'd just go for the DTR-1000 if I were you (that's what I did).

4. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    Hmmmm...I wonder if the rack lights would be worth it.

5. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    I used the 1000 for a year. It was pitch perfect every time...I tuned BEAD and there was never an issue! You can score them used pretty cheap!

6. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    San Francisco, CA, USA
    If you're like me and the only other item in your rack is your amp, then no. I've yet to encounter a situation where I truly needed rack lighting. Where I really need lighting is in the back of the rack...

But if you have a crapload of gear in your rack, then maybe. :D