Korg DTR-2 Rack Tuner

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mo' bass, Oct 18, 2000.

1. Mo' bass

Mo' bass

May 4, 2000
    I'm currently assembling my new rig and it will include a Korg DTR-2 Rack Tuner. My new amp (guess...) does have a tuner output but no mute. I can also put my bass signal through the tuner (which has a mute function) and from the tuner to the amp. So what I want to know is: Does the DTR-2 affect the signal quality? (It shouldn't because it is &*($% expensive for a tuner!)

OOPS, I just did a search and this question has been asked before. But, we have a lot more members now so may be there will be some new responses.

[Edited by Mo' bass on 10-18-2000 at 03:31 AM]
  2. Nails

Jun 4, 2000
    Austin, Tejas
    I don't think it should affect your signal quality. I have a Korg DT-1Pro (which is older than the DT-2, and is now discontinued) when I was running my signal through it I couldn't hear a difference. I now have a midi channel selector (which I highly recommend if you're running alot of stomp box effects) so I never run a signal through the tuner into my amp, that could be an option for you if you have stomp box effects and you're worried about them and your tuner degrading your signal.

Hope this talk of a different tuner and the pointless talk of midi channel selection helped.
  3. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Endorsing Artist: Sadowsky Guitars
    I have the Korg tuner, and it works great...no effect to signal at all. I always keep the power off while playing (the signal to amp is unaffected) and power up for tuning only, and always use the mute function. IMHO it is extremely unprofessional to tune audibly on a gig.
  4. Jeff Corallo

Jeff Corallo

May 30, 2000
    I have a Korg DTR-1 tuner in my rack (DTR-2 has a few more features). My amp does not have a tuner out jack so I put it into my effects loop with a rack compressor. I've noticed no difference in sound.
  5. Mo' bass

Mo' bass

May 4, 2000
    Thanx everyone, you have all been very helpfull. I guess I'm going to give it a try then.

Craig, I didn't know that it also puts the signal through when the power is off, cool!

Nails, my new amp, the SWR Mo' Bass, has all the effects I want so no need for extra stomp boxes or a MIDI channel selector. Great to hear that it works for you.