1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

korg dtr1000 silver face vs black face

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rokkitt, Mar 24, 2013.

1. rokkitt

rokkitt

Jun 7, 2007
    bronx, nyc
    hi

I just bought a silver faced korg dtr-1000 ... it has red leds

I dont like it, even though it does respond quick...it sort of hunts for the exact center of the note....it almost it wont LOCK in on the center exact note.

so, is the black face, blue led model ...does it have a better ---lock on the center-- of the note kinda thing?

or is this just how the korg rack mount tuners are.

and, will going to the dtr 2000 improve this?

I have a peterson strobostomp, version one. Maybe I just need to buy the strobo rack unit...lol..but want to be in a single space and want to keep 200 bucks in my pocket.

what say you?

thanks!

RokkittBass

2. rokkitt

rokkitt

Jun 7, 2007
    bronx, nyc
    Hey! check in if u have a black face or a silver face korg. What color are your LED's?

3. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I've never heard anyone call them black face or silver face. It ain't no Fender amp
    :)

4. nashman

nashman

Feb 11, 2011
    Mine is black with blue LED's. I don't find that it tracks very well either - it tends to jump around too much to zone in on the sweet spot.

I just installed a tuner phone app and compared - they both seem to measure very closely to each other. I would just prefer if the korg was maybe less sensitive. Try plucking a string (once) and wait for it to settle down for a moment before tuning - then repeat - versus constantly plucking.

5. This is what I do with my 2000. I find that it jumps around a bit, but I tune only twice or three times a set and I find that if you play the open string and wait a second or so for it to settle down it tracks pretty well. That's with my Low A.

6. rokkitt

rokkitt

Jun 7, 2007
    bronx, nyc
    Ok....I will try those tuning tips! my korg dtr 1000 is a silver face with red leds......starts to jump around crazy when u get close to in tune.

I think I might jusst get a Peterson strobo rack tuner at this point and call it a day...

But trying to stay single space and under 200 bucks.

Anyone here upgrade from the dtr1000 to the dtr2000? any difference, was it worth it?

Thanks.....

Rokkitt