Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

KORG G5 Bass Guitar SYNTH

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by pete_the_beat, Jun 28, 2002.

1. KORG G5 Bass Guitar SYNTH. Has anyone tried this synth pedal. Some feed back would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

2. Mine should be coming in the mail in a few days. I'll post when I get it.

3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yes, it's great.
    Nice autowah and filter sounds.
    9 patches available, it really makes the difference.

4. BTW..you can hear this box in action throughout my song "Almamaghretta" if you follow the link at the bottom of my posts. I use mine with an EB volume pedal to control the depth. This is such a cool feature, I wish other EV filter boxes would offer this. I guess the MoogerFooger does. No Didg on that track BTW,,it's all coronet. Weird huh?
    Hey Prune Duke....yours shown up yet?

5. Yes I did, and it's sweet! I still need to fiddle around with it a little more but so far it's pretty dang cool. It tracks very well and the sounds are usable. Does anyone who has tried one know how it compares to the Akai SB-1?

6. I just saw another one on Harmony Central's classifieds...best bass synth money can buy. IMO!

7. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    +1. I love this thing, other bass synths I've tried (Deep Impact, Digitech) sounded very 'digital' whereas the Korg sounds fatter + warmer. And just as far out as you want it to be...

8. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ

How much, Chill? PM please