Korg G5 Bass synthesizer

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Pascal vd Pol, May 13, 2003.

1. Pascal vd Pol

Pascal vd Pol

May 13, 2003

I'm new to this forum... Hope to come here often.

Now I have this question:

Friday I am about to buy a Korg G5 bass synthesizer and I have read great reviews on that funky thing. It is available as demo in a shop in Hollond for the price of 200 euro's which is almost equal to dollars ($200).
    I already have a Boss SYB-3 which just isn't that good enough, so I want to sell that thing. Although the Syb-3 can be set up as an octaver effect which is quite nice and tracks all the way down to the lower E (I can't get lower of my 4 string Musicman Sterling :D ) Still in doubt about the selling of the SYB-3.

My question is: Does anyone have ready made presets for the G5 or know where to get them at? I have browsed the TB archives a little, but I couldn't find any yet. I want to use the G5 in a disoc/ dance-classics coverband...

Can anyone tell me what an envelope filter does excactly? Is it the same as a wah- pedal which tracks by the velocity of your string- picking?
    Is the DOD a good one (as it is not that expensive)?
  2. Pascal vd Pol

Pascal vd Pol

May 13, 2003
    O.. that are nice samples to hear mad sub. Really looking forward this friday to buy the G5!!!

Do you also have more settings like that PJ harvey setup when i was browsing the 'Funky new synth effects....!! ' thread so I can fiddle around with some settings/ sounds?
  3. Make sure you get a manual. There are two ways to initialize it so that you end up with a total of 18 factory presets, not just nine.

4. Pascal vd Pol

Pascal vd Pol

May 13, 2003
    Thanks mad sub for the settings.
    I can fiddle around a bit now :)
    I'm pretty sure there's a manual as (the salesman said) it is a demo. People used this effect to try it out before buying as I just did last Friday.

I actually came for a MXR Phase 90 for only 30 $... That of course was sold at the time I got there. :bawl:
    When i saw the G5 I asked to try it out and I fiddled ouround a bit. Thought the tracking was way better that my SYB-3. Filters also velocity sensitive as my Boss was not... Only the prize was a bit to high as I hadn't got the money yet. Bought a Boss CEB-3 chorus and went back... Still in mind that the G5 was far better than the Boss. I began to doubt more and more. Especially when I read the same reviews as I just had experienced: G5 better that SYB-3. So now I'll go there this Friday and buy this baby. I asked them to leave it for me and they agreed.

They also have a Digitech BP8 for 200 $ ... I'm not much of a multi-effect guy, but the multiband compressor seems to do a great job. I'm looking for a great phaser (such as e.g. MXR phase 90) and I don't know if this multi effect can just do the thing... Octabass = octave effects? Tube Pre-amp? Any experiences?
  5. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

You can also give a try to my Korg Bass Effect User Group.
    All MadWoof presets and more are available in a chart.
  6. Pascal vd Pol

Pascal vd Pol

May 13, 2003
    just joined the group :)

Hope to send a lot of patches too later on.
  7. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    you've deleted and reposted this for three days now. This really counts as posting a for sale ad. You need to be a supporting member to post for sale ads, which are also usually posted in the for sale forum.
  8. xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    i couldnt find a single useful sound on my syb-3 so i traded up for an syb-5 and had a similar problem but at least the 5er tracks better.
  9. chill

Feb 16, 2005
    Suffolk, England
    Sorry to post a for sale against site policy. I'm new to this, thanks for letting me know
  10. bassistdigger

Jun 25, 2013
    hi, I've a G5, I also have the manual ..
    I have not found any way to switch to the 18 presets
    anyone have any ideas?
    hello and thanks
  11. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

Aug 22, 2011
    Same here. News to me.
  12. gleneg61

Jan 10, 2008
    Me 2, nothin in my manual, never heard of it n besides, if u initialise you'd lose all ur original patches so unless u have the settings written down....hmm got me a job this weekend
  13. Basehead

Basehead Now with even more synthy goodness...

Jan 3, 2008
    New York NY
    Wow...8+ years dormant and BOOM! this thread lives again...

This truly is the dawning of the Zombie Apocalypse
  14. bassistdigger

Jun 25, 2013
    now is the doomsday!!!!

p.s: if some other living dead reads this topic, I opened here another topic to share the G5 patch if If you wish to contribute!