Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

korg g5 clips

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by psi, Oct 25, 2005.

1. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    they sound great.. i especially like the nintendo effect. i dont think you can even get those kind of sounds on the deep impact.

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    As an owner of all three, thats true of the EHX synth, the deep impact, and the G5. Each has its own unique sounds that it is impossible to get on the other two.

3. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Did you end up selling the G5?

4. Thanks for the great sounding clips, psi! I have the Deep Impact and the EHX Bass MicroSynth, and I've always wanted to hear how the G5 sounds. It seems to sort of fit in between the two.

IMO, the Deep Impact is very sterile, cold, precise, digital sounding. I think the EHX sounds very "analog" in comparison, but it's really more like a massively tricked-out, souped-up envelope filter than it is a synth. The G5 sounds closer to an old-school analog synth than either of the other two. Very cool. :cool:

Thanks, again!
    ~ Charlie

5. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Yes thats one thing I noticed in the clips is that it definately sounds wet and squelchy. Moose, why dont you whip up a new bass synth based on the tracking mechanisms employed in the akai? It would be a sure hit with bassists.. given the skyrocketing prices of the di.

6. 0557

Apr 12, 2004
    Does the G5 have a good octaver?
    My deep impact is great for that as long as you roll back the mix level.

7. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Yes, to a very happy french man called Basstyra :)

8. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    You know, one day I'll do this, yeah, one day... :bassist:
    Synths are surely a great place for experimentation (as a musician AND an electronician I think)

9. Yeah, whip up some digital soup. :p
    Someday, maybe... For the time being, I think I'll stick with analog, tho. :cool:

~ Charlie

10. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

If you think the Akai sounds digital and precise, just feed it with a fuzz pedal.
    That should be enough to change your mind.

11. Hmmm... I'll give that a try.

Thanks
    ~ Charlie