1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Korg MS-10 with road case, classic monophonic synth

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by K2000, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K2000

K2000

Nov 16, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Fairly rare monophonic synth. Excellent condition: everything works, everything is intact, no noisy pots, all keys operate smoothly. No operational issues. A few trivial scratches in the paint, which all seem to be on the back side (see pics). Still has a two prong plug.

This one has an optional momentary button (next to modulation wheel) that kicks in the filter modulation, useful when you are not already in that mode (I think I'm explaining that correctly). Has an 'instrument in' input -- you can apply these classic filters to any electric instrument. No menus to navigate, just dials and sliders, and a patch bay.

Comes with a free light-duty road case, which literally fits like a glove (from Island Cases, sized specifically for the MS-10). While this won't make the synth "airline ready" (it's just 1/4" plywood and dense foam) it does keep the synth safe from knocks, bumps, scratches, dust etc. The case will also be helpful when shipping. It's a "tray bottom" style (lift off lid) case. Island charges 99 dollars for the road case -- I think it was worth it.

I am probably not the best salesman for this, as I never got totally familiar with this instrument. I'd be most comfortable selling this to somebody who knows something about Korg MS synths already. This synth will be most useful for somebody who understands basic synthesis, or wants to learn. This synth is too nice to be sitting on my shelf, indefinitely.

There is a ton of information about the MS-10 online, including reviews, the full manual, and tips and tricks for using the patch bay, different settings and so on.

700 dollars plus actual shipping - probably in the 50 dollar range (maybe less if you're in the Northeast). If you live in NYC you are welcome to inspect and test the instrument in-person (serious buyers only). No trades. I can take additional photos, if requested.

korg3.

Shows road case 'tray bottom' and lid:
    korg1.

There's a slit in the tolex of the road case - can be glued. It hasn't bothered me enough to fix:
    korg5.

Control graphics, keys and knobs are all flawless.
    korg11.

Back side, shows little scratches in the paint. Not bad for a 30 year old instrument:
    korg6.

http://www.korganalogue.net/

2. Wow, great synth, and in fantastic shape too. Severally tempted by this, if I could move some basses... maybe a first born child

3. skiscem

skiscem Supporting Member

wow thats freaking nice!

4. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    damnit. that is nice.

5. its beautiful, too bad i live in australia. and am aout to buy a new bass amp.

6. K2000

K2000

Nov 16, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Still available.

I'd also consider trading this for a serious compact subwoofer (Bag End, JBL-SRX718, EAW etc) plus/minus whatever cash difference, if needed. Must have serious low end extension (35 hz or lower), though.

I think my price is fair both ways -- last MS-10 I saw on Ebay sold for 750+, without a road case, plus shipping, and it needed an adaptor for U.S. current... no big deal, but still. Other MS-10 have sold for less, but with broken keys, needing work, noisy pots etc. If you think my price is out of line, let me know via PM.

This is a pretty esoteric instrument, so I know it's a little out of place in the Classifieds here... I will look at Ebay eventually, I guess.

7. K2000

K2000

Nov 16, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Bump...

There are two MS-10s listed on Ebay... one is 1,100 dollars, looks mint, no road case but 3 short patch cables are included, ships from Montreal. The other one has issues and is 950 dollars plus shipping.

Mine has no issues and is still competitively priced at 750 dollars... Soon to be appearing on Ebay, if I can't sell it here.

8. SpruceMoose

SpruceMoose

May 16, 2009
    Dunedin, NZ
    I'm really keen. Can you post to new zealand? I'm borrowing one of these at the moment and I really want to have it long term but my mate has decided not to sell it.

9. K2000

K2000

Nov 16, 2005
    Brooklyn
    PM sent to SpruceMoose. Stlll available... heading to Ebay soon.

10. K2000

K2000

Nov 16, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Possible deal in motion.

11. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    very cool. i'd hate to see this go on the bay.

12. K2000

K2000

Nov 16, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Buyer backed out, due to extra shipping costs to New Zealand. Still available.

13. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    how heavy is the synth out of curiosity and if this is still up for awhile i may be able to snag it. arghhhh

14. K2000

K2000

Nov 16, 2005
    Brooklyn
    It's 14 pounds, plus about 8-10 pounds for the road case (just guessing on the weight for that, though) plus packaging. I need to box this up soon, and then I can give folks an exact shipping quote.

15. MrPrashant

MrPrashant

Dec 13, 2002
    Chicago
    Endorsing Artist: Orange Amplifiers
    pm sent

16. K2000

K2000

Nov 16, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Still here bump.

17. MrPrashant

MrPrashant

Dec 13, 2002
    Chicago
    Endorsing Artist: Orange Amplifiers
    lemme know if anything changes regarding my trade offer!

18. K2000

K2000

Nov 16, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Sorry, no trades.

Now on Craigs List.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.