Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

korg pandora px3/px3B/px4 choice?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tm3, Mar 9, 2002.

1. tm3

tm3

Oct 10, 2001
    north carolina
    i want to get a korg pandora to use with my new bass. i guess the logical choice would be the px3B bass model. however, i'd also like to be able to use it with my guitar. i realize the different models are specifically designed for either guitar or bass, but i'm wondering if it is possible to use one for both with decent results (guitar model with the bass, or vice versa). i've heard of some people who use bass amps with guitar, for example.

has anyone tried this? what do you think?

thanks !

2. tm3

tm3

Oct 10, 2001
    north carolina
    or would something else be better for dual-purpose use (fodera, raven, zoom, etc)?

3. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    Oregon
    I'm also interested in finding out more about these units. The PX4 looks very tasty. Does anyone know about a bass-specific version anytime soon?

4. tm3

tm3

Oct 10, 2001
    north carolina
    woodygroves

i called korg and they said that no px4B has been announced yet. if there is a new model, it will be announced this summer and be available in the fall.

5. I use my Korg AX1B for my guitar all the time. It works well enough if you turn the treble up on the pedal settings. But then again, I'm not a serious guitarist (I've never played one outside of my own bedroom :) ), so I'm not looking for a great sound.

6. Makatak

Makatak

Apr 13, 2002
    New Zealand
    bump