1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Korg PitchBlack help

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Venom of God, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Venom of God

Venom of God

Oct 8, 2007
    Australia
    After losing my old tuner sometime last year, I decided it was time to get another and decided to go for the Korg PitchBlack. Display is easy to read, love the true bypass, seems like a decent pedal. Anyway, something I've noticed with it is it doesn't seem to be entirely accurate how I have it set up.. I think this is due to the calibration settings? Is '0' the number it should be on for 440 tuning? I have nothing to compare it to here, and my ear isn't the best.

Thanks!

2. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

What do you mean by 'not entirely accurate'. Do you mean that it doesn't match up to another tuner you have correctly, or are you hearing your bass a bit out of tune in some cases, even when the tuner says it is in tune?

If this is the case, it's probably just due to the lack of precision of a non-strobe tuner. There is a little bit of +/- play in these types of tuners. They are usually 'close enough' for live performance.

If it really bums you out, and you can still return that unit, I would highly recommend the Sonic Turbo tuner. Same size, same wonderful true bypass, but true strobe accuracy, and much faster tracking, even with the open B.

Edit: 0 is the correct 440 'standard' setting.