1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Korg Pitchblack Tuner at Best Buy $69 and get a $20 rebate

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by worxforme, Nov 20, 2010.

1. worxforme

worxforme Self Actualized Bad Speller

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    Sorry if it's been posted before.

You can buy a Korg Pitchblack for $69 on sale until the 27th at BB and there is a $20 rebate (I found the rebate on music123, they may even beat the price?)

Either way it's a deal imho.

2. Winnb

Winnb

Nov 4, 2010
    Bump! That's a deal!

3. ScottG

ScottG

Feb 2, 2006
    Memphis, TN
    So they dropped the price $20 & you still get a $20 rebate on top of that? If so, Merry Christmas to me!

4. I'm not seeing the rebate offer on there. Where is it?

5. mikerophone

mikerophone

Mar 10, 2010
    Denver, CO
  6. ScottG

ScottG

Feb 2, 2006
    Memphis, TN
    Guitar center has the rebate as well. I'm wondering if best buy just took the $20 off & doesn't get the rebate?

7. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Amazon has them for $69.99, shipped. Beat the sales tax.

Note that the rebate is only good on purchases from "authorized Korg dealers." I don't know if that includes Amazon, as it is not listed as such on the Korg website. BestBuy.Com is.

You might try pricematching with Music123 or one of the other authorized online dealers to maybe get a longer break.

8. ScottG

ScottG

Feb 2, 2006
    Memphis, TN
    Just checked Korg's site. The rebate form is a download that you fill out & mail in. Looks like you get the rebate no matter what you pay for the tuner. You can buy it on bestbuy.com if you don't want to hit a store.

9. ScottG

ScottG

Feb 2, 2006
    Memphis, TN
    Just left my local best buy. They don't have them. I'm ordering one from the site.

10. invalidprotocol

invalidprotocol Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2008
    DFW
    Excellent pedal. I like mine a lot.

11. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    I just got done writing yet another long post (elsewhere) against the whole go-faster electronic tuner craze, the gross delusions surrounding them and the canards about "accuracy," etc., but you have to admit that the Pitchblack is exceptionally rugged and visible -- which is really all that matters.

It's certainly worth the fifty bucks.

12. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Did anyone get one of these and do the rebate thing?

I got one from Music123 today and there was no warranty card in it (just a thing telling you to register it online), which seems to be part of the rebate submission deal.

No number for Korg to clarify this.

13. marcwcarroll

marcwcarroll

Dec 7, 2009
    Durham, NC
    I got one from Best Buy (damn, shoulda had Msic123 beat it and then ebates... d'oh) but i printed out the rebate form and registered the warantee on line and sent it in yesterday. There is a check box on the rebate form to indicate you registered on line, and yeah, it is part of the rebate.

14. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    Bought a new Pitchblack with a previous rebate (w/ free shipping from an authorized dealer) for LESS than a typical 'used' one sells for in the classifieds.
    Go for it. And, we can hope that most classifieds will be listed for less than new w/ rebate. ;)

15. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    I managed $47.60 (after rebate), with a free power supply.

Seems about what these should be worth. $150 MSRP is pretty ambitious, but it seems to be one of those artificially inflated list prices that don't mean much relative to street price.

Got it last night. It's OK, you can see it well, which is all that meaningfully distinguishes it from other pedal tuners.

16. flyman

flyman Whoa!!

Aug 2, 2005
    cincinnati, ohio
    Where did you buy it?

17. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Music123 with a pricematch from a BestBuy deal, now expired.

18. fourfinger

fourfinger

Apr 17, 2003
    Central Ohio
    This deal was gone from Best Buy for a few days, but it is back now.

I tried twice to get Music123 to price-match it... but they never contacted me to confirm they'd match the price.

I had to pay Ohio sales tax, but with the rebate it is still going to be under $55 (from BestBuy).