Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Korg PX3B/PX4B How do you use these things???

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BassAxe, Sep 14, 2002.

1. BassAxe

BassAxe

Jul 22, 2002
    Culpeper, VA
    I was going to get a PX3B (glad I didn't, since the PX4B looks better, but now is there going to be a PX5B???) a year ago but I couldn't figure out what to do with it.

You can't rack mount it. The buttons are too small to use it as a stomp box. Maybe slip it in your pocket with the cords hanging out? Is this strictly for recording? Maybe I can Velcro this thing to the side of my rack.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

It's basically a practise and record device.
    You can use it as a headphones amp with lots of effects, modelization, rhythm box, sampler and a few other nice features like canceling or isolating bass on records.

The PX-4 B is brand new, so I don't think there will be a PX-5 B before 3 or 4 years.

You can put it on the top of your amp and add effects, EQing or models when you need them. It was not thought as a live device. Set a sound and keep it for the whole song.
    It also fits in your pocket so you can have it with you everywhere, and it doesn't take much room in a home studio.

3. leanne

leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    the px4b comes with a plastic thingy you can use to attach it to your strap.

leanne

4. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    It's mainly for practice, even though it can be used for recording(home recording mainly) or as an effects box.

It's great as headphone device, just slip it in your pocket and you can jump around your house with your bass.

5. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I bought mine just for practice, but there was a flange setting in there that I modified slightly that's better than anything I can find elsewhere, so I keep mine on my pedalboard with that one patch active, and its triggered via one side of a dual-loop bypass pedal. It sounds tremendous.

6. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Bought mine for headphone practice which it does pretty well the px4b is the newer and better version of the two and is more user friendly.Some of the effects are cool some are blah. I don't think it is really meant to run all over the stage hanging off of your belt. Just imho, ymmy

7. pd_5string

pd_5string Admin: Accnt Disabled

Jan 23, 2002
    NY
    I use mine with my ipod, so anywhere I travel I have it to practice to tunes with, OR I use it as a metronome to practice with. The phrase recorder is nice too, b/c I can record in a note on my fretless and use it as a reference note to practice intonation.

8. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Fellow Talkbassers! I need your help! Has anyone got the manual for the Korg AX30B multi-fx processor? cause I don't have one for mine and there are quite a few things I can't figure out without it. Any help is very welcome. Thanx