Korg PXR4 ?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by lewibassist, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Hiya im looking to get a good compact recording unit. I was looking at the Korg PXR4. I realy like the idea of transfering the files from the korg PXR4 to ure pc. I havnt got much experience in recording is this a good unit to start of with. Does anyone have one. What are your opinions on it and is it worth getting.

Thanks Lewis
  2. leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    I don't find it to be too user friendly, it annoys me every time. The instructions are fine, though, and there's a quick start section that can get you going in minutes. I also think it comes standard with a tiny memory card, so you might want to check that when considering the price. I'm not sure what they offer now, though, so I may be wrong.

I've never tried any other digital recorders though, so I have no idea how the user interface, memory, or anything else compares to similar units.
  3. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    I like mine. You will need the instructions though, it's certainly harder to use than a regular 4-track. I got one for cheap, downloaded the manual from the Korg website. If you go step by step from the manual it's not hard to figure out, it's much easier to use than the full fledged Roland digital recorder I have. The quality of the recording and effects is surprisingly good.
  4. Thanks for the replies. I have been looking at the tascam poratastudio 5 and it has a mp3 format . And it says that i will be able to upload from the unit to the pc and then onto a website. Can the Korg PXR4 do this ?. Because i read that it has only a mp2 format . I dont realy understand this that well. I want to use it to record my ideas and them put them onto the pc then maybe burn a c.d . Just experiment realy. What would be the best unit to get ?.