Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Korg (Toneworks) G5 Synth Bass power issue

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by anastasio24, Feb 16, 2004.

1. anastasio24

anastasio24

May 24, 2003
    Maryland
    Hopefully someone here can help me on this one. I have a used G5 (which is the best synth I have ever heard). The guy that sold it to me sent it with a generic Sony power adapter which seems to work just fine. The Sony power supply is AC Power Adaptor (AC-T90S). The output specs for the Sony adapter state that it is 9VDC as well. However, I am trying to build a pedal board and don't want to use this adapter.

I have a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 which works great with every other pedal I have but will not get power to the G5. Do I need a different connector than the stock connectors that ship with the Pedal Power 2? Does it have reverse polarity or something?

Any help is VERY welcome.

Brian

2. Stuee

Stuee

Jun 11, 2007
    UK
    Hey Brian, did you ever sort out the spec for the G5 power supply?
    I've got one and have had problems finding exactly the right supply.
    Cheers, Stuee

3. The only online version of the manual I could find was in Italian. But it was pretty easy to figure out that it says it takes 9V DC, and needs 400 mA. The only thing it doesn't say is the polarity, so I'm not sure if its center-negative or positive.

http://www.eko.it/esound/risorse/file.php?id=152

4. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    Er... Is that the G5 I'm buying tomorrow (advertised at basschat)? Are you the same Stuart?

Are there issues with it I should know about? I was going to power it from my Gator G-BUS.

5. Ba55Man1ac

Ba55Man1ac Gold Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Hey Brian.

The G5 uses the same 9V DC 2.1mm centre negative power plug that 95% of all other pedals use. It does draw more current than any single outlet on the PP2+ can supply so that would almost certainly be the problem. You might have to continue running it off a separate plugpack.:meh:

edit: Just realised how old this thread is... damn!

6. Ba55Man1ac

Ba55Man1ac Gold Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    BTW, there is an English G5 manual on the 'korgbass' Yahoo group files area.