Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Korg Toneworks Pandora and Effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rickbass, Oct 12, 2002.

1. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I have the Korg Toneworks Pandora PX3-B.

I have some "real" effects pedals that would be nice to use with it while practicing with headphones.

Being a tech-stooge, I don't know if these peripheral effects would damage the PX3-B, (like an EBS Multichorus and an Akai Deep Impact).

If you have experience using pedals with it and/or if you're not a tech-dummy as am I, I'd appreciate your input. (As you may know, getting in contact with Korg is like getting an audience with the Pope)

Thanks much!

2. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Ive used a PX1 with an overdrive set to clean boost and a significant volume increase for guitar with no adverse affect to the Pandora. My ears were not let off so lightly.

3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Thanks, Chris!

I know so little from a technical perspective, that I was afraid my analog effects might blow the damn thing up.

My Pandora PXB-3 has okay effects when I use them with the headphones. But they sound so "tofu" to me compared to my analog pedals that produce the "real beef" when I use them with my amps.

I can't figure out if putting my pedals between the Pandora and my headphones would destroy the Pandora. I'm a "tech-moron". All I know is what my ears and audiences give back to me.

4. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    I dont think that the pedals would work after the PX-plug the instrument into a pedal then into the px.