SOLD Korg Volca Beats analog drum machine (like new--NOW w/ POWER SUPPLY!)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by Madcity Fats, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Madcity Fats

Madcity Fats Supporting Member

May 28, 2008
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Price:
    Have had this just a short while, but just bought a DSI Tempest in a fit of madness, so this isn't likely to see much action anymore. This has sat in my home studio where I used it now and then because it's more fun than a metronome as a practice tool. But it's also a very cool little step sequencer, etc. A whole lot of classic analog fun for very little $.

Don't have the original box anymore, but the manual will be included. Also included is a short "sync cable" (basically a 1/8" TRS cable).

Note: These will run off 6 AAs and don't ship w/ power supplies. It's kind of an oddity: 9v but with a smaller tip and inverted polarity (as opposed to a Boss, etc.). I have a center-positive 9v adapter I'll include, along with the tip adapter, so you're all set to run 'er out of the wall jack. Or if you prefer, you can buy a polarity inversion cable (T-rex makes one, among others) and that and the tip converter will allow you to run this off a One-Spot, etc.

Price shipped (CONUS): $95 Sold in local sale for $95

volca_zpsblwng8p8.

Check my feedback and buy with confidence, or PM with questions. Thanks for looking!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  2. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    Does this play odd meters like 7/8 or 5/4?

3. Madcity Fats

Madcity Fats Supporting Member

May 28, 2008
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Well, sort of. It doesn't have a time signature (etc) global setting, however, there's and "active step" feature which allows you to turn off (skip) individual steps of the sequencer to achieve the same effect. From there it's just a matter of programming the active steps to create the right feel.

But if you're asking if there are presets in various time signatures, the answer is no.