Korn Bass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by -Rabbit-, Jan 3, 2006.

1. -Rabbit-

Dec 30, 2005
    Victoria Harbour
    Well after googling and looking on the forums, ive concluded how to get your bass to sound like Korn's.

1- On your amp crank your Lows and Highs, and turn your Mids all the way down.

2- Tune your bass to ADGCF

3- Slap away

Ill post a video of me playing like Korn in a bit.
  2. Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    Fieldy's bass sounds like "Shoes in a dryer" to me...........
  3. i can't even hear the bass in korn's music, but now that i EQ it like that its obvious why, i don't even understand why they would do that, theres nothing great about hsi playing, maybe if he actually had tone that stuck out it'd be good. but if they took out the bass i'd hardly be able to tell the difference in their music.
  4. Cougar207

Jun 17, 2005
    St. Charles, MO
    Yep, my band does a cover of Blind. I can't stand his tone either...or his playing for that matter. So, I keep my tone, use a pick, and add some to his bass line.
  5. -Rabbit-

Dec 30, 2005
    Victoria Harbour
    I love the sound of their bass, it really sticks out the drums i find, and i love the slap sound (tic tacs falling down stairs is what alot of people call it).

Also the video will be up shortly, google videos is verifing it right now.
  6. -Rabbit-

Dec 30, 2005
    Victoria Harbour

Ok so this is the video on how to make your bass sound like Korn. At first i show you what to do on your amp, then what to tune your bass, then i play the intro to the song Daddy by Korn. My setup is a Peavey Rage 128 Transtube Series Guitar Amp, with a Fender Squire 5 String Bass.

Note - The sound is kinda distorted cause my camera was close to the amp. If i get the chance ill record just an mp3 of it just for quality.

7. ... why in "effects"???

8. you took the words right out of my mouth.. it must have been while you were kis.... urm... *cough*

what? :bag: