Korn bassist...

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Bassist123, Dec 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bassist123

Dec 13, 2005
    Hi there my name is Ron i'm 21

I have a 4 strings musicman stingray bass
    and also a Pandora PX4B multi effect of kork...

i just started to listen to Korn and i fall in love in there bassist sound...
    i would like to know how i can get the closer sound to his..?
    (i tryed to mute the "Middle" to 0 but still its not even close to his sound! so plese tell me how to do it plese) :crying:
  2. Tune your EADG tuning down all the way to ADGC without changing strings and slap your strings.
  3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Is there an echo in here....? ;)
  4. Bassist123

Dec 13, 2005
    but i didnt know where to post it...
  5. Yeah. You have the right idea. If you don't know where to post something, just post it again and again in different topics.
  6. Dude, you've got a stingray, a great bass, that sounds awesome, and you wanted to sound like Fieldy's crappy slap sound??
  7. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Try hitting the strings above the p'ups. Oh, and turn up your mids.
  8. on the contrary, cut your mids all the way out and boost your bass and treble, then tune down to A and slap it around like a nasty B**ch
  9. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    Peter griffin says :rolleyes: , You guys are terrible!
    Just lower the tuning till your strings almost fall off then beat the crap out of your bass the with all your amp knobs on 11 minus the mids set at o.
  10. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Even if you set your amp setting to middle 0 and tune down to a it will not sound like fieldy...
    He uses some kind of effect that puts the clicky sound.
  11. His recorded sound is a mix of DI and mike'd horn.

12. slapcracklepop

Jun 28, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Wow, I didn't realise people hated Korn's bassist as much as (can i say it?) Mark Hoppus around here on TB. heh.
  13. its true...fieldy doesn't seem to have a very good image around here...and jack, ducks have echos, they proved it on mythbusters :)
  14. Contribution Points = 0. Go somewhere else.

Fieldy gets his unique slapping sound through a slap effect, by mic'ing his horns, and cuting out all mids, and boosting everything else. If you have a 5 string, keep your tuning BEADG, (4, tune a step down) lower your strings until the vibrate on your frets, and voila! You're ready to cut through the chorus of "Y'all Want a Single."

15. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

He used to clean my rugs in Seal Beach before they made it big. Nice guy actually

16. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Did your rugs come back making clicky noises when someone stepped on them????
  17. spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    If I am not mistaken, Fieldy's tuning is ADGCF...I would not recommend tuning a 4-string to ADGC, the strings will be too floppy IMO.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

You probably would want to get your action as low as possible with some buzzing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.