Korn effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by king_truffle, Apr 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. king_truffle

Apr 4, 2001
    Oshkosh WI
    Anybody know what kind of effects Fieldy (from Korn) uses. I really love the sound of his bass and would like to get mine to sound like it too. Thanks for any and all help.
  2. ihixulu

ihixulu Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2000
    getting warmer
    don't know about everything but I know he uses a Boss SYB Bass Synth pedal in his signal chain. Very strange pedal.......

A lot of his sound has to do with his eq: boost the lows (a lot), cut the mids (a lot) and boost the highs (a lot) and watch your speakers flap.
  3. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    None, at least not ones that make the sound that you like so much.

This is done by miking the tweeter (horn) on your amp and sending that line to the PA/mixer, using the afformentioned EQ setting, also. This is what makes that clicky sound, which IMO, sounds like crap. But thats how you do it, if your bass has a tweeter.
  4. Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë

Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë Guest

Feb 14, 2001
  5. air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    try using fresh low gauge stainless steels and cut the mids on your eq.

now, why the heck would you want to get Fieldy's tone?

btw, nice avatar.

Sep 26, 2001
    in the sun
    Ok I saw this thread and just had to look.... to see that it's not flaming!!!! :eek: well king truffle... your very fourtunate. being that these either turn out to be a fire fight or locked within two reply's.

But that's very brave of you to ask such a question
  7. :mad: clankity clank clank!

a 25w bassman will not make you sound like feildy. no matter how many effects you use.
  8. Ok it has been answered, sorry but this is an explosive thread waiting to happen. I'm going to close it so no one gets offended... I'm glad everyone was willing to help in a mature way though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.