1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

KoRn Live - The Paradigm Shift Tour

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Whousedtoplay, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Whousedtoplay

Whousedtoplay

May 18, 2013
    TEXAS
    The Paradigm Shift Tour

KoRn 13. Prey for Me (Electric Factory, Philadelphia, PA 2013-09-26)

2. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011

3. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Interesting how they recently went from a generic sounding band to a generic sounding band with a "message".

I used to hang with some r/c car racers who were HUGE Korn fans so I've heard all their recorded work, multiple times, which BTW is where I formed the above opinion. Not bad but nothing to write home about.

4. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    In fairness to them, when their self titled album came out nothing sounded like it.

smeet likes this.
  5. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Sorry if you took my opinion as a pan, as it was not intended as such. I've never considered them as bad, just never considered them as great either. There is a lot of ground between bad and great, and IMO Korn falls in that area.

Strictly a personal opinion, but different does not automatically mean better, or even good. It simply means different, so in that context I completely agree, their self titled work was different.

6. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Gotcha! I missed that.

I'm not exactly a fan, but I did like their first 2 albums when they came out.

7. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    I was never crazy about Davis but I like Head & I like Fieldy's straight forward approach (but then I like Adam Clayton & other simplistic bassists)

A friend of mine has met Fieldy a few times says he's very kind

8. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Banned

Fieldy works for KoRn. But I doubt he could find a place in any other bands.

I used to be a big Korn fan in high school. I was really excited when Head rejoined the band, and then really disappointed that they still haven't captured the energy of their earlier works. I don't expect them to release another "Life is Peachy", just come closer to that feel and sound. If you would've sent their latest album back in time to 15-year old me, I wouldn't really recognize their style, just Davis' voice and Fieldy's clank.

9. I liked the first 5 CDs, but after that it seemed to have changed. I liked Follow the Leader & Issues the best.

10. Clef_de_fa

Clef_de_fa Guest

Dec 25, 2011
    I liked them for like the first 3 albums after that it just didn't do anything for me, that special thing just disappear at that point.

11. This... I loved the energy of that first album when it came out. The energy and sound was something different and new, you could tell a lot of people were feeling that.

12. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    Agreed Welch & munky made it unique.
    Early 90's was a good time for music a lot of good things happening: Tool, Rage, Fugazi, Helmet, & everything coming out of Seattle--namely Melvins. And then there was mariah carey & whitney houston, madonna, etc. which was the oppposite but all were before the internet era

tool was pretty sick & very solid live

13. ^ Actually the Melvins, Nirvana, and pro wrestler Daniel Bryan are from Aberdeen WA in Grays Harbor County.

14. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    ok i was generalizationizing