1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Korn - SYOtOS Bass Tone!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Nyarlathotep, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Good

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Crap

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Average

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    Is it just me, or is the bass tone on the new album by korn actually more bass? I don't hear any tic-tacs! Albeit, I'm only up to track 4, but damn! My theory is that Fieldy has to make up for Head going off for Jesus ;) , or maybe he actually looked at his amp and discovered..... the BASS knob ;) ;)

I finally picked up the album after some seriously good comments from friends, and even I have to admit that the album is good (so far)

Comments, Please...!

2. actually, if he did look at his amp, it would've been at the mids knob.

3. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    Either way, it sounds like better tone to me!

4. well, i'll let you guys know next week, I'm going to see them on saturday :)
    actually i saw korn before they lost head, and the bass was actually not very tictac-y at all. actually very heavy bass.
    Usually at concerts you can feel the bass hit you, but at the korn concert it felt like the bass went right through you...a pretty crazy experience! glad i had my earplugs!

5. :confused:!?!?!?!

...kinda makes you wonder if he's been to TalkBass, and heard all the anti tic-tac sentiment??

Crap.......I'm gonna miss those posts if this is true..that's what brought me to TB!

6. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    A friend of mine went to see them last week and described it as feeling like your internal organs are getting crushed!

7. yeah, i was standing in the middle too...not even the front. It is a powerful show though...very high energy I thought

8. I have always liked his fingerstyle tone, very boomy. His tone on the new cd is great.

lowsound