Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Korn word up?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Tattooed, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Anyone know here to find the tab for word up? :bassist:

2. from which cd?

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    This isn't related to the tab, but I earned some respect for Korn for covering this song. I think it's funny. They did an alright job covering it too. :D

4. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    i heard this. it doesn't sound bad, but it's nothing special. when bands cover songs, ESPECIALLY for singles and such, is add their own styles to them (ex. Limp Bizkit, "Faith", and "Welcome Home (Sanitarium)" at the MTV Metallica thing).

5. It's the new single from their greatest hits cd. Not sure if it's been released yet.

6. Yea, it sound pretty cool.

7. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    Figure it out tattooed, you have a 5 string, right? If you want to do a cover of a cover you have to figure it out for yourself. You expect someone to cover your cover of a cover?? :( Word up, *high-pitched voice* UHH, UHH!

8. Another smart ass from bako, LOL. I couldn't figure out the tab for mary had a little lamb and get it right. :help:

9. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    ;) My rudeness is 100% Pacoima-derived :D I'll figure it out for you as soon as I get my bass Thursday. I borrowed my Uncle's octabass pedal so I should be able to hit the B-notes exactly. Talk to ya soon brah.

10. Cool.

11. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Actually, if that's really true you ought to have a go at Mary had a Little Lamb or similar simple songs and learn from where you go wrong. It's a baby step but will help you move towards being able to pick up songs where there isn't any accurate tab available.

I haven't heard Korn's version of the song but I love the Cameo original, in a big cheesy grin sort of way. How different is the Korn cover?

Wulf

12. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    You know what, thinking about it more and more, you should try it yourself. It'll take you a while, but just sit down, and do 1 section at a time. Besides, I cant stand to think that I would actually dissect Fieldy's work :meh:. Best bet for you would be to get a Tascam Basstrainer. These things are God-sent. Look them up in evilbay and you can get a new one inckuding ac adapter shipped 2 day express for $150.00 or so.

13. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Korn.......*uncontrollable dry heaving*

I was actually a quasi-fan of their first two albums. Then MTV entered the mix. As a rule, that's never good. :scowl:

14. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Bakersfield... Breeding ground for angsty metal, and benign smart-asses.

15. That explains why I like this town so much. ;)