1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Kosher to run a moogerfooger lowpass filter run off a voodoo power plus 2?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by OrangeSun, Mar 30, 2009.

1. OrangeSun

OrangeSun

Jun 26, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I'm trying to clean up my signal and Im thinking using a nice regulated power supply like a voodoo power plus 2 will help. The moogerfooger is center positive, and I know these things are finnicky so I was just checking to see if anybody does this.

I am running several pedals on a one spot and the moog on its own power supply onto the same power strip, and I have to say the moog is a lot less noisy on its own, so I think theres some weird grounding thing going on because of the different types of power sources (center positive and negative) being connected together. I'm hoping that a power source like the voodoo labs will help clean up the signal, it says it has seperate grounds for each power source and seperated transformers, I think this will help me. I also heard this can help remove the pop from true bypass pedals like the loooper.

Any thoughts?

2. LuvMusic

LuvMusic

Aug 18, 2007
    Oak Park, IL
    Only if it has been blessed by a rabbi! ;)

Sorry, no experience to really help with your question. I just couldn't resist!

3. RCCollins

RCCollins Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    haven't really tried but it should work - can't guarantee it will improve your noise issue though!

4. OrangeSun

OrangeSun

Jun 26, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I think the noise issue is more of a combination of things, the power source being one of them.

5. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Yeah, it works fine, but you need the white barrel cable.

Cables

Call Voodoo Lab and they'll hook you up. I figured as long as I was paying for shipping I'd order some spare cables at the same time.