Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Koussevitzky Concerto

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by dragonetti11, Aug 26, 2002.

1. dragonetti11

dragonetti11

Jun 20, 2002
    Could anyone send me a picture (or whatever) to me of the double stops at the end of the koussevitzky concerto.
    thanks!:)

2. George F. Schmidtt

George F. Schmidtt

Dec 21, 1999
    Drag and Eddie - I feel your pain. You've posted several requests for help on stylistic interpretations of bass solo classics and the best we can do is offer you the advice to try to be able to sing the piece and then try to play it like tou hear yourself singing it -good advice but I sense (I'm one of those perceptive types - that's why I play the bass) that you're looking for more. For all of you "experts" out there I propose that we establishe a "Solo of the Month Club" where we pick one of the classical works and each of us post what the challenges we faced in working out phrasings, fingerings, Open stings and open vs. closed fingerings, heck, even do you take the easy way out and go with the A harmonic on the D string or do you close the A on the G string. I understand what Drag and Eddie is looking for but it appears to be a "shotgun approach to several pieces. My first challenge to all of you will be an easy one - Bloch's Prayer - look for the post as a new thread...Any takers or will you all suggest that I try singing it?

3. EFischer1

EFischer1 Guest

Mar 17, 2002
    New York, New York
    Can I assume that you are talking about the double stops in the alla breve section of the first movement of the Concerto

4. dragonetti11

dragonetti11

Jun 20, 2002
    yeah the ending of the first