Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Kramer bass resurection

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Steve Clark, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    I have a Kramer bass with a P/JJ set up. In other words a P on the front and a double J/humbucker/MM configuration by the bridge. I'm not really sure what set up the bridge pick up is. Anyone know?

Years ago a pulled the frets out on my own and tried to do a Jaco imitation. The neck is pretty much a pretzel now.

I will replace the neck with a fretless jazz neck. The same builder has offered to take a Bartolini PJ combination and drop that in. Sound like a good idea?

Steve

2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    The bridge pickup on your Kramer is a Schaller.

3. I bet you've got an early-mid 80's Focus 7000. An excellent instrument! I had one and wish still did. Keep in mind when doing your neck swap that these basses have a fretboard extension over the body that you won't be able to replicate with a pure Fender licensed replacement. Warmoth necks have the extended fingerboard you need.