kramer basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pereek, Apr 27, 2002.

1. anyone tried one?
    well i was looking on and these basse slook pretty good and are about $249.99
    which is about how much i have to spend
    my friend gave me his squire and i need a new bass soon
  2. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    Every now and then musicyo has these for $200 or so...I think I paid $219 for the 5 string neck-thru. That alone is a steal just for the wood and hardware, if you can find that deal again or find one used. Sound really special. For what it is worth, Kramer (Gibson) put the same pickups and electronics that they also used in the Epiphone Les Paul 5 string and EB3-5 string. And being soapbar pickups, they are not easily changed (or as easy as a P or a J set)...changing the soapbars would be finding active pickups the same size from EMG, Duncan, Bart. etc and pulling the whole internal circuit out.

Oh well, my 2 cents worth.
  3. blakec3686

Dec 14, 2000
    i had a bad expirience with mine first off the bass neck dived whick i hate and after 6 months the one of my pick ups went dead and had to be replaced , for 250 i was very unsatisfied with it
  4. ok thanks guys
    got any better options?
    for about the same ammount
    websites please
  5. gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Actually, if you look around, you can find an old tuning fork aluminum neck model for less than $200. They're pretty beefy sounding.
  6. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    check the blem list....but be carefull! I got a Spector NSCR5 with a split neck...they took it back without any problem, but it should not have beens old in the first place. They currently have the discontinued Warwick Streamer Standard 5 (single pickup) for $399. That is a really good buy for a German made instrument.