1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Kramer Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SY37, Oct 1, 2009.

1. SY37

SY37

Aug 31, 2009
    Austin
    So I just tried out a Kramer Bass at a local vintage guitar here.

It was awesome. And weird. Fretted up to the 12th fret, fretless beyond that. The neck was partially made of steal, too.

It felt AWESOME and looked AWESOME but I didn't get a chance to plug it in.

I know NOTHING about these basses. I've heard them called "Kramer"'s and "Travis Bean"'s.

Can anybody let me know anything about these basses? I loved it and I want to buy it but I don't know ANYTHING about it.

Gimme some advice!!!!

2. Longhair

Longhair Guest

Sep 12, 2009
    If you loved the thing so much, that should be the only thing that matters.

Now go get it before someone else does and you spend the rest of your natural life looking for it.

3. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    Hello.
    If you can describe the body shape, and kind of pickups, i can tell you what it is. But i'll need more information.
    :)

4. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
  5. thumpbass1

thumpbass1

Jul 4, 2004
    I used to own a 650B model. Had that piano wire tone for days thing nailed down better than some Ric's I've run across. ( No offense intended Ric fans. I love what good Ric's can do. ) I got rid of it after I went back to playing a Fender P-Bass. I now wish I hadn't sold mine, but I live with the choices I made. If you can get into a ' lumy neck ' Kramer on the cheap, I'd go for it.

6. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

I had a Kramer 450B that I bought new in 1980 or 1981 (I can't remember exactly what year). It was heavy as hell but well balanced and sounded awesome. It was a sort of "glossy natural" color. I've never seen another one exactly like it in that finish. I bought it at Manny's with a case. If I remember correctly, I paid $700 for it then.