1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

kramer focus 7000?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by IGGI, Apr 15, 2009.

1. IGGI

IGGI

Apr 15, 2009
    i was wonderin (being a noob and all) if a kramer focus 7000 is a good bass. i got it for $150 from a friend and just started out. im completely psyched on playing though. i think i found a long living hobby. anyways, im playing through the poopiest of amps and i cant find the tone im looking for. im wonderin if its the bass or its me just being a noob. i want to know if i could continue to play it through a higher quality amp when i get better or if i should switch basses asap.

ps:

these smilies are kickass :bassist: :bag::hyper: im lovin the forums already

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Welcome to TB! The Kramer is a fine bass, nothing wrong with it until sometime in the future when you get to a point in your playing where you know exactly in what ways you'd want to step up a notch. But for now, it's a good start.

Definitely upgrade the amp, it will make a world of difference. In fact that might be all it takes for the tone you want to pop out. Another good and inexpensive thing you can do in the short term is take the bass to a reputable guitar tech (not a big store like GC, but a specialty luthier/guitar repair shop) and have them install some new strings and give it a thorough setup. A good setup and new strings can turn a dull bass into a monster.