Kramer P Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by deathbloomslife, Aug 16, 2005.

1. I know that you guys just absolutely love SX basses to death when it comes to the budget buyers(ing) scene, but what about the Kramer Focus bass???

I was just browsing the web, and came about, and found that they no longer carry the Tobias Pro series :( which is really sad. But, I also saw that Kramer has a precision style bass listed for a tad under $100.

So, how do you guys rate this bass in terms value? Or, bang for the buck? How does it stand up to SX basses?

2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Junk. The funny part as that you can even by a three pack. I guess they came to the realization that these basses are great for smashing.

I wouldn't spend a hundred on one, maybe on three, but they're getting smashed. Honestly, buy the SX, and be very happy. Either that, or buy an OLD Kramer P-bass. Back in the 80's those things were awesome. I'm itching to get one just to say I have a bass made in my home state of JERSEY!
  3. punkmetal

punkmetal Guest

Jul 19, 2005
    WI (milwaukee area)
    It could go both ways

A very good friend of mine went from guitar to bass and bought that exact bass from and i'd have to say it wasn't that bad. I only played it once but it seemed to be a good bass for a newbie. I think it would be a good bass to get to learn on and if you take a liking to playing then buy the more expencive bass.

BUT if you are an experienced player stay away save the money and get a fender mexican