Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Kramer P Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by deathbloomslife, Aug 16, 2005.

1. I know that you guys just absolutely love SX basses to death when it comes to the budget buyers(ing) scene, but what about the Kramer Focus bass???

I was just browsing the web, and came about MusicYo.com, and found that they no longer carry the Tobias Pro series :( which is really sad. But, I also saw that Kramer has a precision style bass listed for a tad under $100.

So, how do you guys rate this bass in terms value? Or, bang for the buck? How does it stand up to SX basses?

http://www.musicyo.com/product_specs.asp?pf_id=357

~Ryan

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Junk. The funny part as that you can even by a three pack. I guess they came to the realization that these basses are great for smashing.

I wouldn't spend a hundred on one, maybe on three, but they're getting smashed. Honestly, buy the SX, and be very happy. Either that, or buy an OLD Kramer P-bass. Back in the 80's those things were awesome. I'm itching to get one just to say I have a bass made in my home state of JERSEY!

3. punkmetal

punkmetal Guest

Jul 19, 2005
    WI (milwaukee area)
    It could go both ways

A very good friend of mine went from guitar to bass and bought that exact bass from Musicyo.com and i'd have to say it wasn't that bad. I only played it once but it seemed to be a good bass for a newbie. I think it would be a good bass to get to learn on and if you take a liking to playing then buy the more expencive bass.

BUT if you are an experienced player stay away save the money and get a fender mexican