No longer available Kramer Pioneer Bass, 1981/2, USA Made, Fender style Headstock.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ultra60, May 26, 2018.

1. ultra60

ultra60 Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2010
    Herndon/Chantilly Va.
    Price:
    Strings:
    Early 1980's Kramer Pioneer bass. This is one of the early USA models with the Fender headstock. "A8 S/N". Overall good condition. Shows wear and dings as too be expected for the age. One gouge on back of lower horn. See pic. In no way affects how it plays. Schaller strap buttons. Upper button relocated to more traditional spot, with small fill and touch up of original hole. One toggle is the pickup selector. The other toggle operates on the rear pickup, and appears to be series, parallel, then 1/2 of the front and 1/2 of the back coil. Gold tuners are faded. Bass was rewired as close to spec as possible. Had an after market preamp, when I got it, which was removed. Previous owner stated pots and knobs are original. Very comfortable necks on these. Case shown in the pics is "not included". No case or gig bag included.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  2. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    This, in another color, was my first bass! Awesome instruments. GLWS.

ultra60 likes this.
  3. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    In case anyone asks about those pickups, they were made by Schaller and used on a lot of 80s Kramers.

ultra60 likes this.
  4. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, FL
    Heck of a deal for a MIA Kramer!! If it weren't over 10lbs I'd be on it. GLWTS!

5. ultra60

Sep 16, 2010
    Herndon/Chantilly Va.
    Thanks. The weight does not bother me at all, and I have spinal dics issues, lol. Was just looking to downsize a few basses and moved one last night. That's why if this does not move today I am going to keep it.

xhawk5 likes this.
  6. ultra60

Sep 16, 2010
    Herndon/Chantilly Va.
    I get 10.2 on the bath scale. Made when nobody cared about a bass' weight. Until I joined TB, I thought it was only Les Paul players that cared about weight!

xhawk5 likes this.
  7. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, FL
    I know right! I never really cared about weight until I got into my 50's. *IMO, a 10+ lb bass is no fun on a 4 hr gig. That's just *my own* issues and shouldn't sway ANYONE from jumping on this extremely good deal!

8. ultra60

Sep 16, 2010
    Herndon/Chantilly Va.
    Keeping this for now. Thanks

xhawk5 likes this.
  9. Nathan Peck

Nathan Peck How many licks does it take? Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2010
    New York City
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Sadowsky Hipshot David Gage Czech-Ease Mono Kala UBass
    I have one of these I’m considering selling. My first bass was a red sparkle double J! Still have that bass. When I saw this one I grabbed it since I had never seen the P bass variant of the pioneer series. This bass kills!! The action is just amazing. I had new pickups recreated by Derek Duncan.
    All original wiring and switches are functional and I have the original pups as well. It Sounds amazing with the Duncans. This bass also plays like a dream. After I got it in 2012 I had to put the neck in a heat press and get some fret work done. It had a slight rise at about fret 15. After my luthier did the fret work and heat pressing and pups it became an amazing instrument. A well known luthier in Nyc did all the work. I’d put the action on par with my mij ‘75RI jazz from 1996. In other words, one of the best 4 string bolt on fender style basses I’ve ever encountered in 28 years of playing. The body and neck is in great shape with some normal buckle rash on the back. The neck is excellent. Truss is perfect. Perfect playing bass. Strung with XL Nickels 45.65.80.100
    I’m selling off a handful of 4s so get another Sadowsky NYC 5. I pretty much play 5 all the time except for my ‘72 P bass. It’s really sweet and in a great color too!!! (Trans Pnut butter???‍♂️)

Couple of other cool things....
    It has a brass nut, original Schaller reverse tuners and a Fender lawsuit headstock and .............
    the original brown fender style hard case!!!! This is like the ultimate factory hotrod P-Bass!

I hate to let this go but it’s sitting on the rack. I haven’t officially put it up yet. Putting out some feelers....looking for fans of this bass who will treasure it and play it. Thanks for reading. Nathan 24B7CE78-FDD4-4338-9D8B-AD5043C40DF0.jpeg 9DA25FD8-79F1-40EA-80CC-35E62BD57955.jpeg 7F211291-9D09-4E97-BD4C-FECF672628B6.jpeg 13227E89-1EC6-4939-AB57-9A2CF2FA119D.jpeg BB54C6BC-4546-4312-AC29-567C6158FEF8.jpeg 7CFF13AE-B244-4ADE-B14F-70DFDD54070E.jpeg 37DD2748-E22D-429D-9335-BFFED3733774.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 21, 2022