Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Krank distortion pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Cliff em'All, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Cliff em'All

Cliff em'All

Sep 27, 2004
  2. I'm not really a Krank fan at all, to be honest. I think more than anything your just paying for the name, and it isn't the best sounding stuff. My guitarist spent $3000 on a halfstack and I hate to say it, but he spent way too much money for something that doesn't sound good to me. I'll definitely look into this pedal, but Krank just upsets me.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Not a big Krank fan from what I've heard. Seems to be much of a one-trick pony brand, and can't do much else other than metal.

Still worth a try eventually.

4. NicJimBass

NicJimBass Is this thing on!? Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    Endorsing Artist: DR Strings, Source Audio, Hipshot
    Really? My guitartist runs a Krank head into a Mesa 412 and it sounds phenomonal. In fact, we just played a club in Columbus last night (The Alrosa Villa for those in the know) and the sound guy loved his tone. He said it was the best sounding amp he's heard in a long time... and this place has shows with some semi-big name bands!

5. steve21

steve21 Banned

Funny the club soundguy liked it, since the Alrosa is where Dimebag (Krank's biggest endorser) was shot and killed.

I played a John Petrucci guitar thru a Krankenstein amp once, it was pretty cool. Not the greatest guitar amps I've ever played, but I dug it enough to play through happily.

Interesting to see what they'll do in line of a pedal.

6. Wasn't Dimebag with Randall?

7. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA