1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Krank pt. 2

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Geezer Brown, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Just curious, these things intrigue the hell out of me...

Has anyone had any experience with em? What are your thoughts or opinions on the krank d 800 dirty valve bass head?

Please no links, I already watched all the YouTube vids and read the reviews....all 2 of em :p

2. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    THE MADDEST SCIENTIST
    I always considered Krank to be a bit of a novelty. They looked like something out of a cartoon... Oh wait... :p

Seriously though, I like the concept and the controls of the head. It's the rest I'm worried about considering their big bass cab is a 2x12 + 4x10.

3. I don't know. The cabs seem like a pretty good idea to me. But then again, you can use any cabs you want with it

4. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Do some reading on mixing cabs/speakers, you may think differently.

5. Gopherbassist

Gopherbassist

Jan 19, 2008
    I haven't checked out Krank gear in a long time. I had no idea they made products for bassists. Is that a recent change or have I just been oblivious?

6. I believe it came out a year or two ago

7. Bump

8. sonic 7

sonic 7 Supporting Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Queens, N.Y.C.
    Krank amps are done, finished, over, finito, out of buisness.

9. Guess they could not keep up with the demand for that 4X10/2X12 monstrosity :bag:

10. sonic 7

sonic 7 Supporting Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Queens, N.Y.C.
    But I hear they are re-organizing under a new name, amd will be introducing an 18/15/12/10 cab.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021