1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Krautrock/Captain Beyond/Trip Hop/Mbira/8 Bit NES - New Song by Me

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Matt Till, May 8, 2006.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    :D

Yeah, that's right:

http://www.myspace.com/drrskt : New track Mbzzra

I've been on a big Krautrock kick lately, it doesn't feel like it until about 1:50 into the song. The Captain Beyond is a sampling thing, I sampled the drums to "Dancing madly backwards." I used fake drums, it didn't sound right. Trip hop, it's kinda got that vibe. There is a heavily reverbified Mbira (thumb piano) on the track... and the ambient/noise track has a bit of a 8 bit NES vibe.

Let me know what you think...

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Also, the first Drrskt song with a vowel... a new era for me. :D

It's due to the addition of "real" instruments used in a somewhat traditional setting.

3. Pretty good. I kept waiting for Rod Evans to jump in " Dancin madly backwards...dancin on a sea of air...."

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I know... it's rough. Thank god most people don't know who Captain Beyond are :rolleyes: :D

5. reminds me of when metallica cut their hair :)

i like the new song :)

ha!
    i liked rod evans better when he was with deep purple :)

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Yeah, I decided I have abandoned intentions of live Drrskt as a solo performer, so I have become involved with layering/sampling, and all that.

7. Wicked. I like it. Very out there.

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Thanks for the listen. It's a very very VERY rough outline of what kind of band I'd like to have as a side project... which this sorta is... argh, it's an experiment to figure out what I want to do... and to get me writing real music. I've got really slick prog rock ideas, but I haven't recorded them... but this is a sort of unrelated rant...

I like trippy/weird things.