Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Kris Novoselic's New Band and CD?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Boplicity, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

I caught this notice on VH1 and didn't have time to grab a pen to take notes, but Krist Novoselic (ex-Nirvanah bassist) and two members of other bands who also lost members primaturely in tragic deaths have formed a new band and are set to release a CD very soon.

Sorry, folks, I don't have the name of either the band or the new CD. I mention it here because of the current posts about Dave Grohl's projects. Maybe some of you will find this interesting. I even did a Google search to try to have more complete info, but couldn't find the details. Anybody have more info?

2. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I think the other guys are from Meat Puppets, or at least one of ´em......

3. Boplicity

That's right, one is from the Meat Puppets.

I'm not clear exactly what style of music these musicians will be presenting. I'm curious, but so often when a band member dies, the other band members do not do very well on their own. Of course, Dave Grohl would be an exception and Paul McCartney and George Harrison would be other exceptions.

Still, I think a more common scenario happens such as when Shannon Hoon died and his band Blind Melon more or less dissolved after that. Hoon was just irreplaceable and I miss him to this day.

4. Boplicity

OK, here's the complete 411 which I learned after doing more searches. The band is "Eyes Adrift" and the CD will probably also be called "Eyes Adrift" and be released Sept 24.

The members are guitarist Curt Kirkwood of Meat Puppets, bassist Krist Novolselic of Nirvana and drummer Bud Gaugh of Sublime. They have been playing together as a trio and doing club dates during much of 2002. I still don't have any word on the style of music they play.

5. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Sounds interesting............ can´t wait to hear it