Krist Novoselic nirvana bas

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ludwig109, Dec 19, 2005.

1. anyone know what bass hes using in in with the lights out dvd in the first part in the small room.
    has leaf? kinda inlays is black

also what this one is if not the same one
  2. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Looks like a Gibson Grabber to me.
  3. headstocks different like a sg headstock though just a different model and no inlays
  4. truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    he played gibson basses for a good chunk of the nirvana stink, check out any nirvana fan site for a full gear list, there are a gazillion on the internet, i never said he sucked.
  5. guy above you
  6. ok thanks good stuff
    found it gibson ripper
  7. was about to say, i'm damn sure he played a ripper...
  8. demon666

Jul 16, 2005
    Providence RI
    He also played an Ibanez Black Eagle which was a lawsuit era jazz bass copy. He's playing it on the cover of Bleach
  9. Billy Gould's Ripper tone on FNM's first album sounded remarkably like a Rick.....both are made of hard maple
  10. Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    I saw a video of a recording session and he was recording with a Warwick.
  11. ArwinH

ArwinH run rabbit run

Dec 1, 2005
    Southern California
    Way later on I saw him with a warwick dolphin made out of zebrawood in the studio.
  12. Yup, Thats his Ripper.

Thats the same bass at the MTV VMA's that he through up in the air and had crash back down on his head, giving him a concussion(spl?). My second and first real bass was a 79 Ripper and it was tough as nails, if one came across me again, I'd definitely by it again (this time with my own money, not by gift :D ).
  13. Well all of you are wrong. On the dvd from with the lights out for the first 9 tracks (the whole '88 rehersal) he is playing a Ibanez Black Eagle. Maybe i read the question wrong but i thought thats what he asked.... Oh wait on second look their was two questions and only one guy answered the one... whoops

14. I remember that...

I never much cared for Nerve-Anna...and when I saw that I think the Coke I was drinking came out of my nose!