1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

KS Fake For Trade/ I do own a real Ken Smith

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ivlucas, Jan 3, 2007.

1. ivlucas

ivlucas Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Thomasville, GA
    Ok before the whole debate starts over this I want to make it clear to Ken that I own the real thing. I love my real Ken Smith so much I purchased a bass with a similiar shape. I do not play four strings so I want to trade for a 5 string bass. I do not know much about customs only what I have read here lately so I will answer questions to the best of my knowledge. I am not a wear-weenie so if you have a bass that sounds good and is a little worn, send me a pic and we will see.

2. ivlucas

Dec 19, 2006
    Thomasville, GA
  3. Embryodead

Embryodead Banned

Nov 30, 2005
    Providence, RI
    are there no pickups on that bass or am i on crack?

4. ivlucas

Dec 19, 2006
    Thomasville, GA
    None, youre not on Crack I hope

5. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    I checked out the link and I'm more interested in it.

Are you going to FSU?

If so, I'm local and would love to check out the Sadowsky!
    PM or email me and let me know if that's cool.

Good luck with grad school. Is this your first semester? I'm on my third.

Sorry to muck up this thread. But here's a bump.:)

6. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    This looks like one of those basses that was made in Brazil. How much are you asking for it?

7. ivlucas

Dec 19, 2006
    Thomasville, GA
    If I were to sell straight out I only want what I have in it which is $400

8. I just checked out his bass today, not bad at all. I've heard alot of negativity towards this bass luthier (No I do not want to get involved with the debate) but the bass, well, it was pretty nice. It was very good lookin, but for me the fretboard was a little on the thick side, which is a big deal for me. It feels a tad bigger than a P-bass. The neck is thin, but the fretboard wasn't. The body felt smaller than his real Ken Smith (THE KS WAS AMAZING TO PLAY!!!), and the woods were spectacular lookin. The frets need a little sanding, which isn't that big of a deal, and you need to find the right pickups to fit it, but if you put a little love into it, it'll be a nice bass. I walked away quite impressed and tryin to debate if the fretboard really IS that big of a deal.

P.S. Ivory's a nice guy, sat around and talked to him for a bit, pretty darn good bassist too.

Disclaimer***I do not want to get involved in the whole debate, I do not take either side, its none of my business***

9. ivlucas

Dec 19, 2006
    Thomasville, GA
    Thanks Big Mike!!! Still trying to sell as I have two of the same bass. I love my Ken Smith BSR6M and jumped at chance to have a similar bass built ending up with two. The other is currently being wired with Nordstrands.