Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

KSD 70s 5String J and Fender Jaco Fretless

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by BoiNtC, Aug 9, 2004.

1. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    Both of these can come with a professionally installed J-Retro (J-Retro Deluxe on the KSD), or the original preamp, not quite sure I wanna sell, I kinda want a metro and am testing the waters, if I see an offer I'm willing to take these'll sell, just want to see how much people will offer on these.

2. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    Oh yea both have minor dings on the basses.
    KSD is the natural one ash body with all maple neck
    Jaco Fender is the fretless one (Morado neck lined fretless)
    and alder body in 3tone burst.

3. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    whats the weight like on the ksd?

4. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    Pretty damn heavy, its currently on loan to a friend so I can't measure it I'd say 9+ pounds

5. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    Working on getting pics of these (The KSD is on loan to a friend, I should be getting it back soon), I need to buy myself a digital camera sometime soon :p Maybe I'll borrow a friends and get pics and closeups of the dings n stuff.

6. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    Any interest in trading the jaco bass for an MTD heir 5 fretless? It's new, and I also had the board dressed by Carey Nordstrand. It SLAMS, but I'm truly a 4 stringer.
    Let me know...
    JC

7. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    Actually I just got rid of the KSD (Well the deal's going down on Saturday) and some money for a MTD 535, so I don't need to sell the Jaco anymore. Thanks for all the interest (plus I didn't have a camera so good thing I'm doing this with a friend cause I couldn't get my hands on one, next on the list, digital camera! :p)